Don’t just hike; get an insider Diamond Head Tour you’re not likely to forget! This deluxe tour includes narration, official souvenirs, and more.
An Enriching Diamond Head Experience
Last year, over 1,000,000 visitors hiked Diamond Head, making it Oahu’s third largest visitor attraction. Diamond Head Visitor Center does not offer escorted tours of the hike; this hiking audio guide is the official Diamond Head tour offered by the State of Hawaii and Pacific Historic Parks.
Diamond Head crater is just minutes from Waikiki. This incredible self-guided audio tour comes with a four-color souvenir map guide and focuses on the history, legends, culture, geography, plant and animal life, music, and scenery of the Diamond Head State Monument. Learn how ancient Hawaiians considered Diamond Head a sacred location and how the U.S. Military used Diamond Head for their first line of defense when protecting Oahu’s southern shores during World War II.
Diamond Head State Monument is one of Hawaii’s most recognized landmarks, and for decades, visitors have hiked to the summit of Diamond Head to enjoy the breathtaking views of Oahu. Diamond Head State Monument is maintained by Hawaii’s State Parks and is a popular historic trail that offers a memorable Hawaiian adventure for the entire family.
This great tour is like having your own State Park Ranger provide a great narrated tour on your hike that is both fun and informative!
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, shorts, hats, and suntan lotion.
- Optional – Add disposable earbuds for $1.50
Please check in with your confirmation voucher at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, located in the Diamond Head crater.
- Diamond Head Visitor Center is open 365 days a year from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The last tour leaves at 2 p.m.
- Check in at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, the only location in Hawaii that offers the State of Hawaii’s exclusive Diamond Head logo merchandise.
- This is considered a “moderate” 1.6-mile hike. Be sure to dress casually, with comfortable shoes, shorts, hats, and suntan lotion.
- We do not recommend that you start your hike from Waikiki. Please take the bus, a taxi, a Diamond Head shuttle, or a rental car to the Diamond Head crater.
- There are limited parking spaces within the Diamond Head crater; we recommend you come early, between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. or from 11 a.m. on, for slower traffic times.
This Diamond Head Tour does not include the admission/parking fees to get into the Diamond Head crater. Walk-in fee is $1.00, and rental cars are just $5.00.
For adult or incentive group discounts, please call 808.781.3302 or email [email protected].