The new State of Hawaii’s Diamond Head Hiking Audio Tour is recommended to all visitors planning to hike to the Diamond Head summit. Learn about the fascinating history, geography, plant life, and more of this iconic…
- Diamond Head State Monument Deluxe Tour
A Deluxe Diamond Head State Park Tour
Diamond Head State Monument is one of Hawaii’s most iconic landmarks, and for decades, visitors have hiked to the summit of Diamond Head to enjoy the breathtaking views of Oahu. Diamond Head State Monument is maintained by Hawaii’s State Parks, and its popular historic trail offers a memorable Hawaiian adventure for the entire family.
The Diamond Head hike takes about two hours; it is considered a “moderate” 1.6-mile hike, with 327 concrete and metal stairs to conquer. While it’s not an easy hike, it is extremely scenic and fun to hike to the summit.
Deluxe Package Includes:
- The State of Hawaii – Diamond Head Hiking Narrated Tour
- An official State of Hawaii “I Hiked Diamond Head” certificate
- Official State of Hawaii Diamond Head tote bag
- An official “I Hiked Diamond Head” t-shirt (available in small, medium, large, and XL only)
- An official “I Conquered Diamond Head” souvenir tag
- A four-color map and guide of the hike to the Diamond Head summit
Diamond Head crater is just minutes from Waikiki. Please check in with your confirmation or tour voucher at the Diamond Head Visitor Center (sorry, no phone check-ins).
- Diamond Head Visitor Center is open 365 days a year from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The last tour leaves at 2 p.m.
- Check in at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, the only location in Hawaii that offers the State of Hawaii’s exclusive Diamond Head logo merchandise.
- Be sure to dress casually, with comfortable shoes, shorts, hats, and suntan lotion.
- We do not recommend that you start your hike from Waikiki. Please take the bus, a taxi, a Diamond Head shuttle, or a rental car to the Diamond Head crater.
- There are limited parking spaces within the Diamond Head crater; we recommend you come early, between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. or from 11 a.m. on, for slower traffic times.
This Diamond Head Tour does not include the admission/parking fees to get into the Diamond Head crater. Walk-in fee is $1.00, and rental cars are just $5.00.
For adult or incentive group discounts, please call 808.781.3302 or email [email protected].