The new State of Hawaii’s Diamond Head Hiking Audio Tour is recommended to all visitors planning to hike to the Diamond Head summit. Learn about the fascinating history, geography, plant life, and more of this iconic…
Enjoy Breathtaking Views of Oahu from the Top of Diamond Head!
Just in the past year, over 1,000,000 visitors hiked Diamond Head, making it Oahu’s third largest visitor attraction. Diamond Head State Monument is one of Hawaii’s most recognized landmarks. For decades, visitors have hiked to the summit of Diamond Head to enjoy the breathtaking views of Oahu.
Diamond Head State Monument is maintained by Hawaii’s State Parks and is a popular historic trail that offers a memorable adventure for the entire family. The Diamond Head hike takes about two hours. It’s considered a “moderate” 1.6-mile hike, with 327 concrete and metal stairs to conquer. It’s not easy, but it is an extremely scenic and fun hike to the summit.
Reward yourself after your hike with the official State of Hawaii – Diamond Head Achievement Pack! The Diamond Head State Monument Package is the most popular tour purchased at the Diamond Head Visitor Center. This affordable package includes:
- An official State of Hawaii “I Hiked Diamond Head” certificate
- Official State of Hawaii Diamond Head tote bag
- An official “I Hiked Diamond Head” souvenir tag
- A four-color map and guide for your hike to the Diamond Head summit, available in English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin
Diamond Head crater is just minutes from Waikiki. Please check in with your tour confirmation at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, open daily from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Things to Know
- Check in at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, the only location in Hawaii that offers the State of Hawaii’s exclusive Diamond Head logo merchandise. The last tour leaves at 2 p.m.
- This is considered a “moderate” 1.6-mile hike. Be sure to dress casually, with comfortable shoes, shorts, hats, and suntan lotion.
- We do not recommend that you start your hike from Waikiki. Please take the bus, a taxi, a Diamond Head shuttle, or a rental car to the Diamond Head crater.
- There are limited parking spaces within the Diamond Head crater; we recommend you come early, between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. or from 11 a.m. on, for slower traffic times.
- Important Information
This Diamond Head Tour does not include the admission/parking fees to get into the Diamond Head crater. Walk in fee is just $1.00 per person and rental car parking is just $5.00.
For adult or incentive group discounts please call 808.781.3302 or email [email protected]